Monday, May 19, 2014

19 April

So out of the blue , we decided to volunteer & I'm glad that I did this time round . Tellin' myself no matter what I need to squeeze time out . Been a long time since I volunteer and bein' in touch with the dharma . Makes me really miss those Sundays in KMS .
Evergreen Bright Hill Home is a non-profit Nursing Home which was first build in 1980 by KMSPKS , opened in 3 July 1983 at Bright Hill Road . Till recently , they have relocated to 100 Punggol Field on 8 March 2013 .
We learnt that most of the elderly here were abandoned by their children which is fucken sad . Initially I thought everybody came down only to know I was so wrong when I push them up to their respective level . There were many more , some of which were lying on their bed simply waiting for their last breath . Those that manage to came down and play were the ones that have a better health/condition .
& you'll be surprised . they all stay in different levels and they only get to see their friends/husband/wife ONCE/TWICE a YEAR when they have events like this . When everybody come down and play . We bought coffees/crackers/chrysanthemum tea/biscuits etc for them as souvenirs for the BINGO games only to know they only get to have them on occasions only so to them these gifts are gems . 
Talk about bein' lonely ? They're the ones that totally feel the 101% of loneliness in them .
& it makes me even more hype to wanna make them feel the love from us despite it bein' an April Santa running here and there for the umpteen times every time a ' BINGO ' was heard just to deliver their presents of their choice to them .
Seein' them smile genuinely makes me happy and wanna smile with them . All these precious lil' moments they could receive from us to them . Treat your parents right guys .

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment